Add your voice – share your views about the environment and biodiversity with policymakers in U.S. & 30+ countries
- Organization: Virginia Tech, Arizona State, Koshland Science Museum
- Causes: Civic, Educational, Environmental
- Date(s): September 15, 2012
- Contact person: David Tomblin
- Email: email@example.com
World Wide Views on Biodiversity Citizen Meeting
Saturday, September 15, 2012, 9 AM – 5 PM
Koshland Science Museum, Washington, D.C.
Eligible participants receive a $50 stipend and/or travel support
This event is free of charge | Open to DC, MD, VA residents 16 and above | No prior knowledge necessary to participate | All perspectives welcome | Information, parking and food provided |
To be selected, apply at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ApplyWWViewsDC
For more information visit: http://tinyurl.com/worldwideviewsdc or email
Any questions, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Be a part of a global event in four U.S. cities and more than 30 countries.
- Join one hundred citizens from Maryland, Virginia, and DC.
- Receive information about biodiversity -- variety of life on Earth and their natural processes.
- Discuss at tables of 8 or less with a discussion facilitator.
- Listen to each other and share your views about biodiversity loss.
- Vote and make recommendations for your local and national leaders.
- Share your views with delegates at the United Nations Convention on Biological Diversity (COP 11).
World Wide Views on Biodiversity in Washington DC is sponsored by:
- Department of Science and Technology in Society (STS) at Virginia Tech, National Capitol Region
- Koshland Science Museum.
- Consortium for Science, Policy and Outcomes (CSPO) at Arizona State University.
About World Wide Views on Biodiversity
- First-ever global citizen consultation on Biodiversity
- Will precede UN Convention on Biodiversity in India (COP 11), October 2012
- The only global source of coherently informed and carefully considered views of citizens for the COP 11 delegates.