Letter to the Editor: Party on the Plaza
Arts Alive will be on the plaza on Saturday,check it out.
The Prince William County Arts Council will host the first Arts Alive Festival on Saturday, April 30, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Connaughton Plaza, 5 County Complex in Woodbridge. The festival will feature live performances, art for display and sale, and lots of hands-on activities! Admission to Arts Alive is free and features home-grown arts organizations from Prince William County and Manassas.
Arts Alive will be a wonderful opportunity to explore the arts in our community and enjoy a beautiful spring weekend with family-friendly activities:
- 13 live performances on two stages – everything from a full band to chorale groups to theater and dance. Get the full schedule at www.PWCArtsCouncil.org. Some seating will be provided or you can bring a blanket and sit on the lawn.
- Art, photography, quilts and books on display and for sale by local artists and authors.
- Hands-on activities for kids, including art projects and an Instrument Petting Zoo.
- Classes and demonstrations, including basic photography and clogging. See our website for a full schedule.
- Displays by more than 20 local arts groups.
- Food for sale by Okra’s; Red, Hot and Blue; Hau Lani Hawaiian Ice and a local Scout troop.
- A chance to win free tickets to local arts performances!
The Kathleen Seefeldt Awards for Arts Excellence will be presented during the event. These awards are given to arts groups, individual artists, volunteers and businesses that have made outstanding contributions to the Prince William arts community.
Come out on Saturday, April 30, to see, explore and experience the arts! For more information, visit www.pwcartscouncil.org, friend the “PWC Arts Council” on Facebook, or call 703-792-4244.
PWC Arts Liaison