Salt & Pepper Books owner Christine Myskowski half-jokingly recommends everything in her store as a Valentine's Day gift.
"Any book is always a good gift," she said. "It just depends who you're buying for."
Myskowski's store appeals to foodies, and she offered a few specific gift suggestions when buying for a foodie.
If someone likes wine, the aerating pourer is a perfect gift.
"You know how you're supposed to open red wine and let it sit and breathe?" she said. "This does it by the glass, immediately."
The store also offers pairing cookbooks for appetizers or dinners.
If buying for a chocolate foodie, the hot chocolate gift set may be ideal. It includes a mug, small whisk, and hot chocolate recipe book. The store also offers a wide variety of other chocolate recipe books.
The Valentine's Day table draws mainly from the red items in the store, although there are a few explicitly Valentine's items, including Cooking for Two cookbooks.
The store will be open Valentine's Day, for last minute shoppers. Pre-made gift baskets are available.
"And if someone comes in, picks a bunch of different stuff up, we'll wrap it and put it into a gift basket for them for free," Myskowski said.
- Occoquan Holds Chocolate Walk Just in Time For Valentine's Day
- Occoquan Chocolate Walk: Polka Dot Divas
- Woodbridge Chocolatier Offers Chocolate Tasting in Manassas
- Occoquan Chocolate Walk: Glory Be
- Occoquan Chocolate Walk: Blue Arbor Café
- Fill Your Valentine Gift Baskets at Gourmet Cottage in Occoquan