Invite a friend
Bird Walk & Program
- 9:00-10:00 a.m.- Join DVD author Joe LaFleur for a guided bird walk. The walk features hands-on identification of birds in a variety of habitats. Beginners are welcome.
- 10:00-10:30 a.m.- Mr. LaFleur will provide an audiovisual program about common resident and breeding birds. The program will help you identify birds by sight and sound and will also review preferred habitats where each species is likely to be encountered.
For more information call 703-583-6904 or 888-414-2837.
Joe LaFleur holds degrees in wildlife biology and communications and is the author of Better Birdwatching, a series of DVDs about birds of North America. He has been collecting video and sounds of birds for 20 years and lives in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Georgia.
|Where||Leesylvania State Park 2001 Daniel K Ludwig Dr, Woodbridge, VA 22191|
|Next on||This event is over.|
|Time||9:00 am–10:30 am|
|Who to bring||Everyone|
More About Leesylvania State Park
Leesylvania State Park opened in 1992, and is bordered by the Neabsco Creek, the Potomac River and Powells Creek. Five hiking trails are at this park, as well as a segment of the Potomac Heritage National Scenic Trail. Individuals may go boating or fishing at the park or enjoy lunch at one of the picnic pavilions. Small tents are allowed on the campgrounds, but prior arrangements must be made.
Other events here
- Friends of Leesylvania Monthly Meeting May 21, 2013 / June 18, 2013 / July 16, 2013 / August 20, 2013 / September 17, 2013 / October 15, 2013 / November 19, 2013, 7:30 pm–8:30 pm
- Join Cub Scouts Night Wed, May 22, 6:30 pm–7:30 pm
- National Trails Day & Clean the Bay Day - Trail & Shoreline Cleanup Sat, Jun 1, 11:00 am–2:00 pm
- National Get Outdoors Day: Storybook Trails Sat, Jun 8, 6:00 am–8:00 pm
- Father's Day Canoe Tour Sun, Jun 16, 2:00 pm–4:00 pm
- Great American Backyard Campout Sat, Jun 22, 7:30 pm
- Music at the Marina - Country Current Sat, Jun 29, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- Music at the Marina - Los Triunfadores del 4 Sat, Jul 27, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm
- 3rd Annual Hike for the Cause Sat, Aug 10, 9:00 am–12:00 pm
- Music at the Marina - No Charge Sat, Aug 24, 7:00 pm–8:30 pm