This individual reports to the Board and Executive Director and is responsible for providing administrative support to staff and assuming researching, administrative organization, and reception. These duties include but are not limited to: database maintenance, typing, filing, reception, research, organization and telephone duties.
Responsibilities will include:
• Assist with receptionist duties; greet public and refer them to appropriate staff members, answer phone, route calls, and take messages
• Assist staff with administrative duties as requested
• Assist with completion of necessary statistical reports as requested
• Research and compile information for Executive Director and Board as requested
• Distribute incoming mail and prepare outgoing mail including bulk mail
• Maintain office area, keeping it clean and free from clutter
• Type and word process documents as needed
• Order office supplies and monitor inventories of same
• Update and maintain mailing lists
• Produce mailing labels and reports as requested
• Assist with various program operations as requested and as responsibilities permit
• Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge of Microsoft Office
All KPWB interns will receive membership into the Prince William County Chamber of Commerce while working with KPWB, allowing for additional training and networking opportunities. Mileage from services beyond driving to and from work is available.
Internship - UNPAID
How to apply:
Please email a resume and cover letter to the below email address. Internships are a minimum of 3 months. School credit is available. Individuals that do not need credit but are interested in the experience are also welcome to apply! Applicants must be at least 18 years of age by start of internship. Feel free to contact us with questions and to find out more about these great opportunities!
Kiliaen Anderson, Executive Director