We want to know: What's your favorite Super Bowl ad? Tell us in the comments section below.
Every year, advertisers spend millions to get your attention with cute kids, big celebrities and lots of animals. So which have you liked the most over the years:
- Is it the iconic 1984 Apple ad introducing the Macintosh computer?
- Maybe it's that Volkswagen ad with the kid dressed as Darth Vader.
- Don't forget the Coca-Cola ad featuring Mean Joe Green tossing his jersey to another cute kid.
- There have been E-trade babies, Old Spice guys, and those Wendy's where's-the-beef ladies.
- Or perhaps you're a fan of one of the many Budweiser ads featuring the Clydesdale horses, those talking frogs, or the Bud Bowl.
Advertisers spend a lot of money on these spots: 30-second TV ads during this year's Super Bowl are being sold for an average of $4 million, with some going for as much as $4.5 million.
Super Bowl XLVIII — between the Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos — will be broadcast on FOX from MetLife Stadium in the Meadowlands in New Jersey on Feb. 2.
Share your thoughts about Super Bowl ads with other Patch readers — which ones have been your favorites in previous years and which ones are you looking forward to seeing this year?