As of 7:30 a.m., Dominion Power had reports of just over 900 customers without power, most of them in Fauguier County along Interstate 66. NOVEC was reporting no power outages.
See an outage map for Dominion Power.
See an outage map for NOVEC.
Read: Power Outages? Winter Storm's Possible Freezing Rain, Heavy Snow Could Hit System
The Virginia Department Emergency Management has tips for outages. If your power goes out:
- Use a flashlight only for emergency lighting. Never use candles.
- Unplug electrical equipment until a steady power supply returns.
- Practice proper generator and surface heater safety.
- Leave one light turned on so you know when power is restored.
- Eliminate unnecessary travel, especially by car. Traffic signals will stop working during an outage, creating traffic congestion.
- If power is restored, be certain it is steady before you plug equipment into it.