As we get closer to the big day, our schedules get more frantic and we forget to pay attention to those little things that may put our safety in danger. Capital Defense Instruction, LLC, Northern Virginia's, Maryland and DC's premiere firearms training academy and personal safety resource would like to remind you of the following tips this season.
• Always stay alert to your surroundings.
• Avoid carrying large amounts of cash.
• Keep a record of all of your credit card numbers in a safe place at home.
• Avoid overloading yourself with packages. It is important to have clear visibility and freedom of motion to avoid mishaps.
• Opt for your pockets to hold your car keys, money or credit cards; it is closer to your body therefore harder to steal.
• Don't leave car phones, purses, CD cases, holiday merchandise purchases, or any other items of value in your parked car where they can be seen. Always conceal these items.
• Avoid parking next to vans, trucks with camper shells, or cars with tinted windows.
• Be sure to locate your keys prior to going to your car.
• When you are home, be aware that criminals sometimes pose as couriers delivering gifts.
• Withdraw only the amount of cash you need.
• Protect your PIN by shielding the ATM keypad from anyone who is standing near you.
• Do not throw your ATM receipt away at the ATM location.
• Teach your child to go to a store clerk and ask for help in case your child is separated from you.
• Teach children to stay close to you at all times while shopping.
• Never allow children to make unaccompanied trips to the restroom.
• Children should never be allowed to go to the car alone and they should never be left alone in the car. Teach children their full name, address and telephone number to give to police officers or mall security. Teach children to immediately inform you if a stranger is bothering them
• Never dress your children in clothing with their names on them.
• Older children have likely ventured out on their own before. If you allow them to do this while holiday shopping, as mentioned earlier, make sure they have a friend with them and check in often.
Think safety for your friends and family this season. Capital Defense Instruction, LLC has gift certificates for Multi-State Conceal Carry Courses, Personalized Range Instruction, and Personal Protection Courses. http://www.capitaldefenseinstruction.com