.

Basement Fire Sends Family to Hospital

Building "uninhabitable" after blaze, according to Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue.

Building "uninhabitable" after blaze, according to Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue. Patch file.
Building "uninhabitable" after blaze, according to Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue. Patch file.
A fire has left a Woodbridge home uninhabitable and sent a family of five to a local hospital from smoke inhalation, according to Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue.

A resident at the home in the 3200 block of Bradford Street called 911 at approximately 4 a.m. Tuesday morning.

Crews arrived to smoke coming from the front of the home. Firefighters extinguished the fire in the basement. 

The family had already evacuated the home when crews arrived, but multiple pets were rescued by firefighters, according to department spokesperson Kim Hylander.

The home has been ruled uninhabitable and the fire is under investigation by the Fire Marshal's Office, Hylander said in a statement. 

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »