.

Electrical Fire Displaces Two Residents in Dumfries

Residents were not at home at the time of the fire, according to Prince William County Fire and Rescue.

Residents were not at home at the time of the fire, according to Prince William County Fire and Rescue.
Residents were not at home at the time of the fire, according to Prince William County Fire and Rescue.
Release, Prince William County Department of Fire and Rescue:

At approximately 10: 30 a.m., fire and rescue units were dispatched to a structure fire in a two-story single family home located in the 13600 block of Dumfries Road in Dumfries.
 
Upon arrival, fire and rescue units discovered fire on the first floor of the home.
Firefighters extinguished the fire and checked for extension; no further extension was found. 
 
No injuries reported. 
 
Red Cross was called to the scene to assist the displaced resident who was not home at the time of the fire, but services were not required. 
 
A Building official was notified to assess the damage and posted the building as unsafe. 
 
According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, the origin and cause was electrical and has been determined accidental.

Boards

More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »