The detectives from the Street Crimes Unit began an investigation after they received received numerous complaints of men soliciting sex inside the park, according to police spokesman Officer Jonathan Perok.
The incidents took place at a number of places in the park, including parking lots, trails, bathrooms and vehicles, Perok said. The detectives made contact with the suspects over a two-day period. Some were already inside the park and police made contact with others online.
Charged with frequenting a bawdy place and entering the property of another for the purpose of interfering with the property rights of the owner:
- Salim Ahmed, 44, of Silvan Glen Drive in Dumfries
- Michael Lester Deninger, 67, of Bessley Place in Alexandria
- David Aaron Lewis, 56, of Knolewater Court in Waldorf, Md.
- Larry Dean Hapner, 43, of Courage Lane in Stafford
- Mitchell Lester Bush, 76, of Cool Water Drive in Ruther Glen
- Mark Anthony Womack, 44, of Brazil Circle in Dale City
All were released on summonses.