Prince William County is a "community of choice with a strong, diverse, economic base, where people choose to live and work and businesses choose to locate."
That's according to the working vision statement of the 2013-2016 strategic goals plan team.
To learn more about the 2013-2016 Four-Year Strategic Plan—which considers goals for providing infrastructure, economic development, public safety, quality education and human services to the county—attend the public hearing Tuesday at 2 p.m. at the McCoart Building at 1 County Complex Road in Woodbridge.
The Board of County Supervisors will hold a public hearing on the following items:
- Vision Statement: Prince William County is a community of choice with a strong, diverse economic base, where families and individuals choose to live and work and businesses choose to locate.
- Economic Development Goal: The County will provide a robust, diverse economy with more quality jobs and an expanded commercial tax base.
- Transportation Goal: The County will provide a multi-modal transportation network that supports County and regional connectivity.
- Education Goal: The County will provide an educational environment rich in opportunities to increase educational achievement for workforce readiness, post-secondary education and lifelong learning.
- Human Services Goal: The County will leverage state and federal funds and community partnerships to provide human services that support self-sufficiency and help individuals and families in crisis, while working to minimize the need for crisis intervention.
- Public Safety Goal: The County will maintain safe neighborhoods and business areas, and provide prompt responses to emergencies.